What Can I Do To Help?
Fill a grocery store reusable bag or other type of bag (with handles) with the non-perishable items listed below. In order to keep the MEND volunteers safe and prevent them from having to assemble bags we will donate complete bags for immediate distribution.
- We recognize some items are hard to find. If possible, join with neighbors or friends to complete one or more bags. Or make a reasonable substitute.
- We really want to give complete bags since that is what is needed most. But if you cannot donate a complete bag, then MEND will accept donations of these 4 items: Peanut Butter, Rice, Cereal or Shelf Stable Milk (only one type to a bag) For example, a bag of cereals, a bag of jars of Peanut Butter etc.
Where and When:
Bring bag(s) to the Linden side of Wyoming church on Saturday, May 16th between10 and 12. We will practice social distancing and you will not need to get out of your car. MEND volunteers will remove bag(s) from your trunk and put bags directly into their vehicle.
- If you cannot bring your donation, please contact Berit Perit at 908 392 1563 or email@example.com to arrange a pick up outside your front door.
- The church will remain closed throughout May so please do not drop food off at any other time.
Non-perishable Food Needed: NO GLASS Containers
- canned beans (red, black, kidney, chickpeas)
- Mac and Cheese
- tomato sauce
- canned green vegetables (peas, beans etc.)
- canned fruit or applesauce (no glass jars)
- peanut butter
- pasta or rice
- cereal or Oatmeal i.e. Cheerios, Special K, Raisin Bran, Shredded Wheat (please no high sugar cereal)
- shelf-stable milk or powdered milk (preferably whole milk)